The 2015 Annual Meeting will be held on:
Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 3:30 p.m. CST
CME Group Auditorium
20 South Wacker Drive
Who may attend the annual meeting?
All holders of Class A and Class B common stock on March 24, 2015, the record date for the annual meeting, are entitled to notice of and are invited to attend the annual meeting.
Are there any rules for admission to the annual meeting?
Yes. You are entitled to attend the annual meeting only if you were, or you hold a valid legal proxy naming you to act for, one of our shareholders on the record date. Please note that seating is limited and admission will be accepted on a first come, first-served basis.
If you plan to attend the meeting, you should register in advance. Please go to the "shareholder meeting registration" link at www.proxyvote.com and follow the instructions provided. You will need the 12 digit number located on your proxy card, voter instruction form or notice. Please print your registration confirmation and bring it with you to the meeting along with valid picture identification, such as a driver's license or passport. If you do not have a printed registration confirmation, we must be able to confirm:
- Your identity by reviewing a valid form of photo identification, such as a driver's license; and
- You were a registered shareholder or held your shares in street name on the record date by:
- verifying your name and stock ownership against our list of registered shareholders; or
- reviewing other evidence of your stock ownership that shows your current name and address, such as a copy of your most recent brokerage or bank statement or your notice of internet availability of proxy materials for the 2015 annual meeting (internet notice), if you hold your shares in street name; or
- You are validly acting as proxy;
- for a registered shareholder as of the record date, by reviewing a written legal proxy granted to you and signed by the registered shareholder; or
- for a street name holder as of the record date, by reviewing a written legal proxy from a brokerage firm or bank holding the shares to the street name holder that is assignable, and a written legal proxy to you signed by the street name holder, together with a brokerage or bank statement or internet notice showing the street name holder's shares as described above.
If you do not have a valid form of picture identification and proof that you owned, or are legally authorized to act as proxy for someone who owned, shares of our common stock on March 24, 2015, you will not be admitted to the meeting.
At the entrance to the meeting, we will verify that your name appears in our stock records or will inspect your brokerage or bank statement or internet notice, as your proof of ownership and any written proxy you present as the representative of a shareholder. We will decide in our sole discretion whether the documentation you present for admission to the meeting meets the requirements described above. If you hold your shares in a joint account, both owners can be admitted to the meeting if proof of joint ownership is provided and you both follow the admission procedures described above. Please allow ample time for the admission procedures described above.
Shareholders will not be allowed to use cameras (including cell phones with photographic capabilities), recording devices or other electronic devices at the meeting.
Will the annual meeting be webcast?
Yes. A live webcast of the annual meeting will be provided from our Investor Relations section of our website www.cmegroup.com. Go to Investor Relations, click on Events and Presentations and then click on listen to webcast for the CME Group Inc. 2015 Annual Meeting of Shareholders. If you miss the meeting, you can view a replay of the webcast on that site. Please note that you will not be able to vote your shares or ask questions via the webcast. If you plan to view the webcast, please submit your vote in advance.